Friday 2 July 2010

New blog, new ideas

I am starting this blog with a new goal and I hope to be commited to it. I want to leave here things that I learn on statistics and other fields of interest. I have this passion for reading books and navigating the internet and learning and I want to register it. While comments are always appreciated my goal is not to be a populat blogger but rather to have the opportunity to write down new things that make me grow everyday.

My other blog is more of a personal and informal one. There I write day to day experiences and thoughts. Here it will be more about knowledge, about statistics, about what I read.

Looping Infinito is also writen in Portuguese because it is above all a link to my roots, my friend and my language that is the most beautiful language. This space is different, it is more about specific knowledge, it is more serious, more technical if you will. I dont expect to go crazy on math theory (not sure I could anyway) but I do expect to comment on things that are restricted to few people's interest (if we consider the entire world population). So I thought I was better off writing it on English, this universal language that can reach out the world. I think these more technical subjects will make writing in English easier to me, given that I have my limitations.

If not many people ends up reading what I write, this space will still serve its objective - make me think, because it is necessary to think more when we need to summarize what we learnt. And this will make me learn more.



No comments: